Friday, January 6, 2012

Colorado is a "table funding" state for real estate transactions

In Colorado, we are what's called a "table funding" state.  That means when your real estate transaction is closed (usually by a title company),  all money is due and payable (in "good funds" of course; which includes cash, certified check or wire transfer) and title to the property is exchanged.  In a typical situation, that means when the buyer brings money to the closing table (whether via a mortgage lender or cash) that money is then distributed to pay the liens against the property (i.e. the mortgage), the real estate brokers and/or attorneys, the title company, insurance company, and if there's money left over, the seller. Thus, the term "table funding".  Ocassionally, the buyer will even walk away with money if they've obtained a 100% mortgage loan, which is the refund of their earnest money. 
Upon the conclusion of the signing of the seemingly endless documents and distribution of the money, the transaction is officially closed, or sold. 

8 comments:

  1. Hello, this weekend is good for me, since this time i am reading this enormous informative article here at my home. Colorado Mortgage

    ReplyDelete
  2. The web site AgentWorld.com lets users quickly and easily find an agent with the right expertise using keyword searches and clean and simple agent profiles. parc esta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me. กองทุนสำรองเลี้ยงชีพ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting blog. Alot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that I'm interested in, but I'm most definately interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know. ഇന്ത്യൻ ടൂറിസ്റ്റ് വിസ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. canada visa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is too much amazing. I have found with ease what I was looking. Moreover, the content quality is awesome. Thanks for the nudge! Kickstarter alternative crowdfunding for startups

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, What an Outstanding post. I found this too much informatics. It is what I was seeking for. I would like to recommend you that please keep sharing such type of info.If possible, Thanks. Kickstarter alternative platforms

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I am entirely agreed with this article, and I just want say that this article is very helpful and enlightening. I also have some precious piece of concerned info !!!!!!Thanks. Kickstarter alternative platforms

    ReplyDelete